Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sweet and gentle celebrations transporting livestock to the vast meadow in the sky

nov 27th, 2009

yes, christmas present -- watching animals bleeding to death.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: K


 
Now, ye worshippers of the bloodthisty Khali, don't be offensive!  Tread ye gently and crush not any tender sentiments. 
 
"Over the years, I have adjusted to this holiday.  I don't like the killing, but I realize it is going on every day where people eat meat, even if it is not seen.  It seems cruel, but having witnessed it many times, I don't think it is any worse (and perhaps is even better) than what I've read about goes on in Western slaughterhouses.  I've had to attend because my Muslim in-laws feel everyone in the family must be present to witness the killing just as in the West, everyone in the family should be present when Christmas presents were opened.   (Some non-Muslim expats are able to go after the killing and butchering is finished, so that they don't have to witness it.  When I tried that it really hurt my in-laws' feelings.)" 


No comments: