Wednesday, May 19, 2010

pravin togadiya accuses corrupt/hostile ELM of defamation

may 18th, 2010

as he should.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: krishan



\

VISHWA HINDU PARISHAD

Sankat Mochan Ashram, RamKrishna Puram-VI, New Delhi-110022

Tel.-011-26178992, 26103495 Fax % 011-26195527]

 

From   :           Dr Pravin Togadia

                        International General Secretary, Vishwa Hindu Parishad

Date    :           May 15, 2010

 

To       :           All Electronic, print & other Media, other public  

                       Communicators & all government & private agencies

 

I thank media for their warm response to my appearance before the SIT in Gujarat on May 10, 2010.

 

It has been observed that during my appearance before the SIT formatted by the honourable Supreme Court to look into one Jakia Nasim's petition dated June 8, 2010 and after my appearance before the same said SIT on May 10, 2010, a section of print & electronic media has misquoted me as follows:

 

'Dr Togadia said that he would 'TEACH LESSON' to Jakia Jafri & her co-complainant Teesta Setalwad'.

 

After my appearance before the above said SIT, the media present outside the SIT office in Gandhinagar asked me several questions & one among them was:

 

1. "Dr Togadia, what will you do next on this issue of SIT?"

 

My answer to the above question was in Hindi which is correctly translated as: "This is a conspiracy to persecute Hindus & Hindu Organizations. There is no justice for Hindus in this country as there is no SIT to give justice to the families of those 57 Hindus who were burnt alive in the train. About the false complaint to persecute Hindus & Hindu organizations, I will give appropriate reply at an appropriate time democratically to Jakia Jafri & Teesta Setalwad (uchit samay par, uchit jawab lok taantrik paddhati se denge."

 

It seems that there has been a translation mistake by a few media who reported me as saying 'I will TEACH LESSON' to Jakia Jafri & Teesta Setalwad.'

 

2. The other question most media asked me was: 'What did SIT ask you inside?'

 

On the above question I said to media in Hindi, "They asked me where was I during 2002 February 27, 2002 & March 1, 2002? Whom did you call during this time?"

 

I answered to media, "I told SIT where I was during that time & I was in Gujarat in May, 2002 & I know crores of Hindus in the world & I always call Hindus in the world, why should I call Imam Bukhari!'

 

Some section of the media incorrectly translated or so to say, transformed my Hindi sentence as 'I was in Gujarat during Gujarat riots & I called Hindus of Gujarat during riots.'

 

While giving such a section of media benefit of doubt about their translation mistake & ignorance in both the above two & other few sentences, I appeal to all media, other public communicators & all government & private agencies to verify with me the words if they are giving / using my Hindi or Gujarati words in their own translation in English or any other language. This will avoid further confusion & misunderstanding of the meaning in general public at large of what I had said in either Hindi or Gujarati.  

 

Thanks again.

***********************


--
Jai Sri Ram
Hanuman Mandir, Sec.-6, R.K.Puram
New Delhi-22

1 comment:

M. Patil said...

He should sue ELM for defamation. That will put fear of God in these rascals.