Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fwd: Why is Arab, Persian or Turkish Colonialism and Occupation acceptable to South Asian Muslims



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sri 
Date: Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Subject: Why is Arab, Persian or Turkish Colonialism and Occupation acceptable to South Asian Muslims
To:


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tarek Fatah Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013


Friends,

In view of the recent exchanges between myself, Seema Mustafa, Sonya Fatah
and Javed Anand, I would like to ask the rest of you to dwell on why Arab
invasions and Central Asian and Turkish Colonialism is palatable to us
Muslims while British colonialims and US imperlialism is rightfully
denounced and resisted.

Perhaps I am wrong, but what business did anyone have to come to India and
impose their own script on India's indegenous langauges, occupy a land for
1,000 years, rule as an apartheid state that was equivalent to
White-Minority rule in SAfrica.

Why is it that if I speak this obvious truth I am accused of being allied
to the RSS while these are facts that cannot be denied?

Our Quran explicity asks us to not befriend Christains and Jews; lables
them in less than favourbale terms as those "who went astray" and "those
who earned God's wrath", yet if I mention this fact, India-based secualr
Muslims throw their arms in the air accusing others of being allies of the
Hindutva Rightwing.

Can one be a progressive person, uphold liberal values and universal human
rights, yet defend mass murderers such as Aurnagzeb and Timur and Qutb or
Mahmood and Bin Qasim?

I am least bothered by the surreptious and mean-spiritted whispering
campaign against me in sections of the self-ritghteous CPM/CPI Muslim mafia
in India, but to the rest of you, where do you stand on Bin Qasim, Mahmud
Ghazni and Auarnagzeb the killer?

Just because we are Muslim, should we label any criticism of our texts and
villainous heroes as the work of the RSS and VHP? Just because these two
believe the sky is blue shoudl not mean I should not concur with them on
the colour of the sky, or should I?

This is a broader question and is at the core of how our comrades got wiped
out by khomeni in Iran yet the CPI supported the ayatiollahs just the way
today's Indian Muslim comrades back mass murderes just because the RSS
opposes them.

Feel free to share your thoughts. I'd like ton hear from BM Kutty, Baseer
Naveed, Babar Ayaz, Farooq Suleria and Farooq Tariq (though he might not
have the time).

I am willing to concede that my approach is wrong if others can point out
my error in judgement, but I am unwilling to take direction form the failed
poilicies oif India's Left who are today intellectually bankrupt and
arrogantly self-rightoeus.

Cheers from Dhaka where too many people know Farooq Tariq.

Tarek



--
sent from samsung galaxy note, so please excuse brevity

No comments: