---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
hindus-ate-beef-i…/20150324. htm com/article/opinion/murad-ali- baig-the-dangers-of-banning- cow-slaughter-115031801142_1. html
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
For benefit of all here are a series of articles on the subject. Some by seculars, some by nationalists, some in between. Read no 2,3,4,6, 11 for sure.
1. The truth behind cow slaughter in India by sanjeev nayyar http://www.rediff.com/news/
column/the-truth-about-cow- slaughter-in-india/20151016. htm
2. A Healthy, Climate friendly diet by Brahma C https://www.project-syndicate.
org/commentary/climate- friendly-diet-meat- consumption-by-brahma- chellaney-2015-06
3. Time has come to correct what is wrong in meat production by Sunita Narain
Cow Dung Capitalism OPEN 2016 http://www.openthemagazine.
com/article/cover-story/cow- O/S article. dung-capitalism-milking-the- holy-cow
The woman behind the new cattle sale law 1.6.17 http://www.rediff.com/news/
interview/the-woman-behind- the-new-cattle-sale-law/ 20170601.htm
an on cattle sale for slaughter: Can we stop outraging and focus on regulating animal markets? Gauri Maulekhi http://www.firstpost.com/
india/ban-on-cattle-sale-for- slaughter-can-we-stop- outraging-and-focus-on- regulating-animal-markets- 3503673.html
7. This matter of Beef by Jerry Rao http://swarajyamag.com/
8. Why Indian Muslims must stop cow slaughter and respect Hindu sentiments by Uday Mahurkar http://www.dailyo.in/politics/
dadri-murder-cow-slaughter- muslims-hindus-left-liberal- secularism-narendra-modi- gujarat-2002-godhra/story/1/ 6763.html
9.When Hindus ate beef, India was not conquered? by amberish diwanji. http://www.rediff.com/…/when-
10. Beef prices rise in Bangladesh 15/3/15 http://www.thedailystar.net/
11. Beef Controversy – sense and nonsense by Aravindan N http://swarajyamag.com/
culture/beef-controversy- " Amidst the din, certain important facts tends to be be forgotten. Be it, Buddhism or Vedic religion, the overall Indic culture has been against cow slaughter. In fact, Dr. Ambedkar states that Buddhists were the first to campaign against cow slaughter: "The Buddhists rejected … animal sacrifice, particularly of the cow. The objection to the sacrifice of the cow had taken a strong hold of the minds of the masses as they were an agricultural population and the cow was a very useful animal." sense-and-nonsense/
12.The dangers of banning cow slaughter by murad ali baig 19/3/15 http://www.business-standard.
'The sentiment against beef was essentially political since it was commonly eaten by Muslims. Cow protection, therefore, became a religious statement when the first movement to protect the cow was started by the Sikh Kuka (Namdhari) sect in 1870. In 1882, Dayananda Saraswati founded the Gorakshini Sabha.
sent from samsung galaxy note3 neo, so please excuse brevity