- Narendra Modi, global climate superhero? Since 2014, there’s been a 91% increase in grid-connected renewable energy capacity, a total of 22.6 gigawatts. At the same time, India’s coal-based power sector has been in decline. India’s Central Electricity Authority estimates that the country won’t need a new coal-based power plant till 2022.
- Fact-checking Trump's statement withdrawing from Paris climate deal: Under the treaty, India committed to reduce emissions 33 to 35 percent of 2005 levels by 2030.
- 8 things Trump said about the Paris Climate Agreement that are total BS: California’s economy grew 40 percent faster than the rest of the U.S. last year, even as the Golden State carried out aggressive policies for boosting renewable energy, energy efficiency, and zero-emissions vehicles.
- Climate deal: Musk makes good on pledge to dump Trump over Paris
- Replacing beef with beans could save the planet: Pound for pound, legumes deliver more calories and more protein than beef with a far, far smaller carbon footprint. “Eating more beans is a great way to increase phytonutrients, fiber, antioxidants and lifespan”.
India commits to sell only electric cars by 2030. It is already the largest market for solar power. https://t.co/EGBNTPzmE5— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 1, 2017